You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
place pad in schematic
4409 3
paystreak 5 years ago
In pcb editor I can place pad with tool but can't wire it because pad isn't wired in schematic where there is no pad tool. How to place pad in schematic. I can't find. I prefer no hole, just pad giving access to the trace. but, with hole will work. Thanks paystreak
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
Anything that is on - or forms an integral part of - the PCB **must** have a **PCB Footprint** defined for it in the library. In order for the correct PCB Footprint to be pulled in to a PCB on first converting a Schematic to PCB (by pressing the **Convert to PCB...** button) or when updating the PCB from the Schematic (by pressing the **Update PCB...** button in the Schematic Editor or the **Import Changes...** button in the PCB Editor) then the component **must** be represented in the Schematic by a corresponding **Schematic Symbol**. The relevant symbol **must** have the name of the relevant PCB Footprint assigned to its **Package** attribute and the **pins** of the symbol **must** be correctly mapped onto the **pads** of the footprint. So if you want to include for example a mounting hole, a surface mount test point or a connection for a wire soldered straight onto the PCB then you must first find or create a suitable **PCB Footprint**. You can find an existing footprint and note the **name** or you can create your own, uniquely **name** it, check it and save it. For a hole or a test point you will find many suitable symbols in the library whilst for simple wire connection you could use a single pin header Then you must find or create a suitable **Schematic Symbol** and assign the **name** of the suitable PCB Footprint identified above to the **Package** attribute of the **Schematic Symbol**. You can find an existing symbol or you can create your own, uniquely **name** it, check it, save it and then use that in your schematic. For a hole or a test point you will find many suitable symbols in the library whilst for a simple wire connection you could place a symbol for a single pin header. For more information please read at least sections (2.2), (2.3) and (4) of **[Welcome to EasyEDA](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Welcome_to_EasyEDA-31e1288f882e49e582699b8eb7fe9b1f)**
Ryan Mcdermott 4 years ago
@Andy I've seen you give some version of this answer in multiple threads where people ask the same question.  I guess: why doesn't easyeda just create a "pad" component in the schematic designer?  Clearly people want this functionality.
andyfierman 4 years ago
![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wu4NKb5IxLFGuaiFf8vKKpcWv0XcbJaVEnFjCXFj.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice