You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
serious bugs in editor
1433 27
mchahn 6 years ago
I haven't used the editor in a while.  I have found a number of bugs in the current version. 1) I can't connect a GND SMT pad to the ground plane.  No wire appears.  Thru-hole works fine.  My project is on hold until I find some way to get around this. 2) Changes in the right bar are very hard to make. The drop-down select items are the worst.  I can only get the change to take effect when I go to another field, make a change, and press enter. 3) Double-click often opens an unwanted dialog box.  When I double-click on a wire to make a node the box appears.  Then I close the box with escape to see the new node.  I have also seen a dialog box appear when double-clicking on a word inside a text box. 4) Sometimes when I open the editor in my browser and old version appears.  When I close the project and re-open it I see the latest version.  This scares me when it happens.  :-) These are the ones I remember right now.  Is there some way to use an older version?
Comments
mchahn 6 years ago
BTW, I'm using the latest chrome browser in Ubuntu 16.04.
koosjr 6 years ago
I have another problem. The property editor is extremely unreliable. Many times it simply refuses to change a property. For example, I have a copper plane and I want to change the fill from solid to none, but it does not allow me to. Similarly, I cannot change the layer of a component, neither the font type of the text - at least not at will.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi mchahn, 1.Can you make your project to the public? after testing it is working. Or give me some images. please make sure the pad and the copper's net are the same. ![snipaste_20180326_141153.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/IHO52gz0rS2udtZK0e1fDAfz0veMkzolyqj039yh.png) 2\. We fixed this at v5\.3\.14\, can you check the editor you used is v5\.3\.14? 3.We will fix it at next release. 4.Yes, it is the auto-update behavior, for all the version.  you can't use the old version.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@koosjr Hi at v5.3.10 it has bugs, but at v5.3.14, we fixed it, please make sure the editor had updated to v5.3.15.
koosjr 6 years ago
@Tutorials , My editor is still at v5.3.14 and I cannot get it to update to V5.3.15
koosjr 6 years ago
CTRL-F5 does not work...
andyfierman 6 years ago
Which browser are you using? Does this post help? [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Editor-won-t-load-9897f4d46fd54703834d0e6217b262dc](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Editor-won-t-load-9897f4d46fd54703834d0e6217b262dc)
andyfierman 6 years ago
I meant to say, the last post in that thread by Tutorials.
koosjr 6 years ago
I am using Chrome. Never used anything else. The tutorial did not resolve the problem.
dillon 6 years ago
@koosjr  CTRL+SHIFT+N ,  give the private model a try.
koosjr 6 years ago
Does not work. Still stuck on version V5.3.14 in private mode.
mchahn 6 years ago
I shared the project at [https://easyeda.com/mchahn/p3-m](https://easyeda.com/mchahn/p3-m).
mchahn 6 years ago
I can't upgrade either, even after clearing the cache.  I know the clearing worked because I got the introduction and had to login again.
mchahn 6 years ago
ctrl-shift-N didn't help
Tutorials 6 years ago
@koosjr Sorry, my mistake, the latest version is v5.3.14, not 5.3.15, wrong text input.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@mchahn Sorry, my mistake, the latest version is v5.3.14, not 5.3.15, wrong text input.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi, After checking your PCB, it can be copper connected the smt pad, can you try again? ![snipaste_20180327_152341.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dfGL8smvZfHLROeW8k8KsI7I3sBR4PcUFUVfevcv.png)
Tutorials 6 years ago
![snipaste_20180327_152517.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JYc9w0dUgXxSJr7cAhzYF1NH0LY2o95tco2fF7WR.png)
mchahn 6 years ago
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying.  The picture you show makes it look like there is copper-fill on the top red layer.  I don't do that. Here is an animated gif of the problem.  I can drag a wire from a normal smt pad but not from a ground pad.   ![smt GND pad wiring problem](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ecNcWppfWGSholNv5eucDJXfwdxCac5hREMJ17UA.gif)
mchahn 6 years ago
I just noticed something.  The big yellow X shows which tells me there might be a wire there that is invisible. You should know that in the movie I create a wire with the W key and then drag it over the pad to see the snap point.  I then click on the snap point and drag the wire away.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@mchahn You had deselected the GND net at Design Manager, you need to select it, otherwise the GND track will be hidden.
Tutorials 6 years ago
The Yellow X just the realtime DRC error.
mchahn 6 years ago
\> You had deselected the GND net at Design Manager\, Thanks.  I didn't even know I could do that.
andyfierman 6 years ago
In the PCB Design Manager, you can deselect Components and Nets: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TrTb9D7Di7FXxwNkKnN0m4BpHQZVV9FTvu74YvKt.png)
koosjr 6 years ago
@Tutorials, the if V5.3.14 is the latest one, then I am afraid that the problems are not fixed as you claim.
Tutorials 6 years ago
@koosjr @mchahn Issue confirmed at linuxdeepin 15.5, this issue only happens at Chrome, not Firefox. At next release, we will fix it.
helixalgorithm 5 years ago
Thank god I exported all layouts.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice