You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
what does the data sheet mean when it says to connect a crystal?
499 4
John Peters 2 years ago
i was reading a data sheet for anintegrated circuit on digikey, and it said to attachh a 24mhz crystal to one of the pins. this mostly makes sense, as i just connect the pin to one of the terminals of the crystal. but what do i connect the other terminal to? i know that power has to run through it, and it would seem instinctive to connect it to vcc/vdd, but i wanted to be sure what to do. here is exactly what the datasheet says: <br> | Pin # | Symbol | Buffer Type | Description | | ----- | ------ | ----------- | ----------- | | 22 | XTALIN/CLKIN | ICLKx | 24MHz Crystal or External Clock Input<br><br>This pin connects to one terminal of the crystal, or to an external 24MHz clock when a crystal is not used. |
Comments
pommie 2 years ago
Do you have a link to the datasheet? There's normally a XTALIN and an XTALOUT. Mike.
John Peters 2 years ago
@pommie  sure enough, right below the other pin, there is XTALOUT and it explains where to connect the other terminal. whoops.
pommie 2 years ago
It's normal to connect the crystal to the two pins and then a capacitor from each pin to ground - normally around 20pF. This is the diagram from a pic datasheet. ![osc.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/0iTs82ox3fIr5HKlUonCldD2dVxCD5LhM3nfTioo.png) HTH, Mike.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@peters.johne, You need to read the datasheet and study the section on how to determine the capacitor value and any other external Rs and Cs that may be needed. Plus study the section on board layout around the crystal carefully. You may need to look at additional apps notes for detailed information.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice