You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
why doesn't new net label acquire existing net name?
1575 8
spongman 7 years ago
when adding placing a new net label on an existing net, why doesn't the new label acquire the existing name of the net?
Comments
spongman 7 years ago
it's especially weird when adding multiple net labels sequentially since, by default, they all get the same name, which is probably almost always the wrong thing to do.
andyfierman 7 years ago
For any scheme of initial and subsequent netnaming, there will be pros and cons. There's no `right` way to do it. The philosophy used in EasyEDA is based on **incremental net naming** for the first instance of each new netname to avoid accidentally giving two different nets the same name so shorting them together but then using the **same name** for subsequent instances of the same label because they are assumed to be being placed to join nets without the need to draw the connections as physical wires (usually to reduce the clutter in the schematic).
andyfierman 7 years ago
Sorry, that not quite right. A better explanation: The philosophy used in EasyEDA is based on *incremental net naming* for each new instance of a netname placement to avoid accidentally giving two different nets the same name which would result in them being shorted together. This is particularly useful when naming the taps at one end of a bus. For subsequent copy and pasted instances of a netlabel, *exactly the same name* is pasted because they are assumed to be being placed to join nets without the need to draw the connections as physical wires. This is useful for reducing the clutter in the schematic and particularly for naming the taps at sets of bus entry points other than the first.
spongman 7 years ago
yeah, but what i don't understand is why the net label overwrites the existing net name? for example, i have a component placed, and i can see in the PCB editor that the net name given to the wire connected to one of its pins is "U3_26". when i place a net label on that wire, i'd expect that label to be named "U3_26", not "netLabel7". the "netLabel7" name tells me nothing (except that it's the 7th label placed - which is useless info to me).
spongman 7 years ago
as an aside. why isn't it possible to view/edit the names of nets in the schematic editor? when i select a track or pad in the PCB editor, i can see the net name in the properties (although editing this is broken since it doesn't cascade to connected components). i expected to see this also in the schematic editor.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Once you have placed a netlabel, double-click on it and edit the name. Then use `Update PCB...` to forward annotate the PCB.
spongman 7 years ago
you're missing the point. i don't want it to choose a new name for me when placing the netLabel, i want it to use the existing net name.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Ah, Sorry, I had misunderstood your question. The short answer is "because that is not how the netlabel function was designed to work". If you want it to work the way you describe or at least have some way to select an option of having it work the way you describe then please submit this as a Feature Request. Something that you could include in such a Feature Request is that, instead of having to apply an explicit label to show a net name, it may be easier for the existing nets to be automatically annotated on the schematic in much the same way as happens already in the PCB layout.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice